These day trips are a great opportunity for youth to explore the Bighorn Mountains with experienced outdoor professionals. Transportation is provided; participants must bring a lunch, snacks, water, sunscreen, bug spray, and activity appropriate clothing.
- June 23 - Steamboat Point & Tongue River Canyon
- June 30 - Black Mountain Fire Lookout and Shell Falls
- July 7 - Cedar Creek Canyon and Copper Creek
- July 21 - Paradise Falls and Cutler Trails
- July 28 - Porcupine Falls and Bucking Mule Falls
Fee: $40 per trip or $180 for all five. Fee includes transportation and qualified supervision.
Ages: 8-14 (12 participants per session)Time: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Registration: Sign up online or in person at the Sheridan Recreation District at 1579 Thorne-Rider Park or call 307-674-6421 between April 1st until filled.
Supplies needed: back pack, water bottle, weather appropriate change of clothes, rain coat, sun screen, bug repellent, extra snacks, hiking boots or good shoes. Camera is optional.
Contact McKoy Feland, Recreation Program Supervisor with any questions.