2023 Little Guy Football
Fall means football season in Sheridan County. SRD Little Guy Football allows for young elementary players to learn the basics of football in our flag football leagues before they move on to our 5th and 6th grade tackle football league.
Season Length: Mid August – Mid October
Registration: Sign up online or in person at 1579 Thorne-Rider Park, or call the Sheridan Recreation District at 307-674-6421 from June 25 - August 6, 2023
- 1st and 2nd Grade Flag football - $65
- 3rd and 4th Grade Flag football - $70
- 5th and 6th Grade Tackle football - $90
All Players who sign up will be placed on a team. 1st-4th graders will play with their elementary school.
5th-6th graders will be drafted and will need to have a sports physical copy turned into SRD before August 4th.
Little Guy Football Timeline 2023Dates and times subject to change
- 5:30 pm - 5th and 6th Grade Tackle Football coaches meeting at SRD Office in Thorne-Rider Park
- 5:30-6:30 pm - 5th and 6th Grade Tackle Football Showcase at Dan Madia Field (located at the corner of 11st Street and Dana Avenue)
- 6:45 pm - Player Draft with coaches only at SRD office
- First Day of Practice for 5th and 6th Tackle football teams.
- All players must have a copy of their Sports Physical turned into the SRD office before participating in any practice activities.
- Please only turn in copies of sport physicals to the SRD office or email them to email@example.com
August 12th (Saturday)
- Equipment check-out day (Teams will be assigned times. Please only show up at your teams assigned time. First scheduled time will be 8am.
- Sheridan Physical Therapy will be doing a free pre concussion screening after each team’s check out time.
- 5:30 pm - 1st and 2nd Grade Flag Football coaches meeting / gear hand out at SRD Office in Thorne-Rider Park
- 6:30 pm - 3rd and 4th Grade Flag Football coaches meeting / gear hand out at SRD Office in Thorne-Rider ParkAugust 15th
- First day of Flag Football practice
- Scrimmage day for 5th and 6th tackle football playersAugust 28th
- First Tackle Football games